Action required: uninstall the old version of the 3M Cloud Library app and install the new version through 3M’s download page.
Uninstalling an app on a Kindle Fire:
- from the home screen, tap Apps.
- tap on “Device” or “On this device” to see the 3M Cloud Library app.
- hold down on the app until given the option to delete or remove the app.
If you do not need the SlideMe app for anything else, you may also delete it at this time.
This is the same version of the app now used on standard Android tablets. It is a new version so some buttons have moved or areas renamed:
- Main menu is now accessed by tapping the 3 blue lines in the top left corner.
- Shelves have been renamed to “Featured.” This is still just the library’s display case.
- Categories has been renamed “Browse.” You can now favorite categories by tapping the star icon.
- Filter (in main menu) is where you set “available to checkout” or “all books” and will apply to the entire app (browsing, searching, even featured ar